Comcast is one of the leading internet service providers in the United States, offering a wide range of plans to meet the needs of different households. If you’re considering getting Comcast internet, you might be wondering about the cost of their internet plans when purchased on their own, without bundling with other services. In this article, we will explore the pricing options for Comcast internet when purchased as a standalone service.
Comcast Internet Plans
Comcast offers various internet plans to cater to different usage requirements and budgets. The cost of these plans can vary based on factors such as the internet speed, availability in your area, and any promotional offers that may be available at the time of purchase.
Here are some of the popular Comcast internet plans:
- Xfinity Performance Starter: This plan offers download speeds up to 25 Mbps and is suitable for light internet users. The cost for this plan is typically around $29.99 per month.
- Xfinity Performance Select: With download speeds up to 100 Mbps, this plan is ideal for streaming, browsing, and light gaming. The monthly cost for this plan is usually around $34.99.
- Xfinity Performance Pro: Offering download speeds up to 200 Mbps, this plan is suitable for households with multiple devices and moderate internet usage. The cost for this plan is typically around $49.99 per month.
- Xfinity Blast! Pro: This plan provides download speeds up to 400 Mbps, making it ideal for heavy internet usage, online gaming, and streaming in HD. The monthly cost for this plan is usually around $64.99.
- Xfinity Extreme Pro: With download speeds up to 800 Mbps, this plan is designed for power users who require fast and reliable internet. The cost for this plan is typically around $79.99 per month.
Please note that these prices are estimates and may vary depending on your location and any ongoing promotions or discounts.
Additional Costs and Fees
When considering the cost of Comcast internet, it’s important to be aware of additional costs and fees that may apply. These can include:
- Equipment Rental: Comcast typically charges a monthly fee for renting their internet equipment, such as modems and routers. This fee is usually around $14 per month.
- Installation Fees: If you’re a new customer or require professional installation, Comcast may charge an installation fee. The cost for installation can vary, so it’s best to check with Comcast for the most accurate information.
- Early Termination Fees: If you sign up for a contract term and decide to cancel your service before the contract period ends, Comcast may charge an early termination fee. The amount of this fee can vary based on the remaining months of your contract.
It’s essential to review the terms and conditions of your chosen Comcast internet plan to understand any additional costs and fees that may apply.
Comcast offers a range of internet plans to suit different needs and budgets. The cost of Comcast internet when purchased as a standalone service can vary depending on factors such as the plan you choose, your location, and any ongoing promotions. It’s important to consider any additional costs and fees, such as equipment rental and installation fees, when calculating the overall cost of Comcast internet. By understanding the pricing options and potential additional expenses, you can make an informed decision when selecting a Comcast internet plan that best fits your requirements.