The PlayStation 5 (PS5) controller, also known as the DualSense controller, is a versatile gaming accessory that offers a seamless gaming experience on the console. However, did you know that you can also connect the PS5 controller to your PC and enjoy gaming with it? In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to connect your PS5 controller to a PC.
Step 1: Check Compatibility
Before you start, it’s important to ensure that your PC is compatible with the PS5 controller. The PS5 controller is compatible with Windows 10 and above, so make sure your operating system meets this requirement. Additionally, your PC should have Bluetooth capabilities or a USB port for a wired connection.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on Your PC
If your PC has built-in Bluetooth, you can easily connect your PS5 controller wirelessly. To enable Bluetooth on your PC, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Select Devices and then click on Bluetooth & other devices.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to On.
Step 3: Put Your PS5 Controller in Pairing Mode
Now that your PC is ready for the connection, it’s time to put your PS5 controller in pairing mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button (located in the center of the controller) and the Create button (located on the left side of the touchpad) simultaneously.
- The light on the back of the controller will start flashing, indicating that it is in pairing mode.
Step 4: Connect the PS5 Controller to Your PC
Once your PS5 controller is in pairing mode, you can connect it to your PC. Here’s how:
For Bluetooth Connection:
- On your PC, click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Your PC will start searching for nearby devices. When you see “Wireless Controller” or “DualSense Wireless Controller” in the list, click on it to pair.
- Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process.
For Wired Connection:
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your PS5 controller.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to an available USB port on your PC.
Step 5: Test the Connection
Once the PS5 controller is connected to your PC, it’s time to test the connection. Open a game or any application that supports gamepad input and check if the controller is working correctly. You can also go to the Game Controllers settings on your PC to calibrate the controller if needed.
Connecting your PS5 controller to a PC opens up a whole new world of gaming possibilities. Whether you prefer wireless or wired connections, following these simple steps will ensure that you can enjoy your favorite games on your PC using the PS5 controller. So, grab your controller, follow the steps, and get ready to dive into an immersive gaming experience!